Geology

Latest News :

LATEST NEWS

Download Needed Font

Comments

Paying homage to our revered teachers

Comments Via http://www.geologist-myanmar.com

Dear All,

Sayagyi Dr.Pe Maung Than, Retd. Prorector of Univ. of Yangon has passed away on 22nd Nov. 2011 at Pan Hlaing hospital, Yangon (photo courtesy by Ko Steve Lau_1981 FB)
Saya Pe sustained the delivering in geological education to Myanmar geologist since graduated 1966 from YU, a classmate of Saya U Myint Khine (deceased), Saya U Hla Kyi, Saya Dr.Tin Thein.
Saya earned Ph.D. from Univ. of Rome (Italy) with thesis title on"Biostratigraphy and Microfacies of some Monti Lepini Frosinone, Central Appennines", 1974.
Please see one of Saya contributions, Seminar Presentation : A seed for the "Knowledge Age" http://www.geolfriends.com/?p=2239.
Last few months ago, Saya acknowledged heartfelt gratitude to all geology family members for moral and material supporting during the last battle.
1994 Intake Sayapuzawpwe on last 30 Oct, 2011 was the last meeting of Saya and Geology family.
Rest in Peace Saya !

With Kind Regards,
N.M.T

Posted by "naingmawthan@hotmail.com"  on Thursday, Nov 24, 2011

Comments Via http://www.geologist-myanmar.com

This site is very wonderful for geologist of Myanmar. Thank you very much for your Geologist related website http://geologist-myanmar.com/ .

Posted by "soesumyint@gmail.com"  on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

aungcheint2001 batch dagon

i want to meet my friends

Hi ,all of my friends please contact me. I need some help .
I didn't forget u all .
I want to meet my friends from Singapore.i really want to meet all of my friends.

Thanks, i m very appreciate.

Posted by "aungcheint85@gmail.com"  on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Aung Min Paing

I like very much this site .

Posted by "chitchitminpaing@gmail.com"  on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Suu Kilhenny

I just found this website.Thank you very much for " geology"
website. Wonderful idea. I feel that I am at department of geology in
Mandalay Hall and RC_2 right now.

Suu Kilhenny

Posted by "skilhenny@sailormoon.com"  on Thursday, March 3, 2011

Geologist........product of Dagon University

now i fond this website.i am really pleasent.i also wanna meet with my friends 2002 ............2007 batch.are you all ok?
do not fail to connect with me friend when you see this comment.
and i wanna know all my teachers are ok?

Ko Ko Aung

Posted by "ukokooung@gmail.com"  on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Those Were The Days

I strayed into this web by chance. Regret to note that my dear friends U Thane Hlying, and Dr.Win Hetin had passed away. We had good time together when we were students in UK. U Thane Hlying was in IC London and Dr.Win Htein was in Durham. I was in Sunderland, close to Durham and so often spent lots of time with Dr.Win Htein who was a great story teller and a good ales drinker. When in London, we had great fun in Holland Road with our compatriots and pots og beer provided by U Thane Hlying. My other close friend U Myint Thein, Rector of University of Pharmacy, Myanmar is also gone. I do miss my student days in UK!

Posted by "toonaye07@gmail.com"  on Monday, February 7, 2011

Engineering Geology Student

Today is wonderful for me because i saw the first time this website. May be every geologists free from worry and danger.

Aung moe kyaw

Posted by "aungmoekyaw09@gmail.com"  on Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Memorial of Sayagyi U Thaw Tint (58,YU) By Saya Latt (pdf)

Dear All,

Please see attached poem (pdf) to the memorial of late Sayagyi U Thaw Tint, one
of Myanmar pioneer in Pondaung primates. He obtained B.Sc.(Hons.) in 1958 of
Yangon Univ., M.S. (Utah) in 1963 and passed away by 24/11/01 in US.

He was a member of Myanmar eminent geology batch with late Sayagyi Dr.Myint Lwin
Thein (Director of AGD), late U Than Nyunt (Deputy minister of energy), Sayagyi
Dr. U Thein (Prof. of MU & YU) and Mr.Pathay (former lecturer and now lives in
India).
I do appreciate the courtesy of Saya Dr.Khin Mg Latt for poem and Saya Dr.WIn
Naing for source of reproduced photo in poem taken by 1986.

Best Regds,
N.M.T

P.S. This poem was previously shown in Shwe Myanmar (Singapore) magazine.

Posted by "wahaha@gmail.com"  on Tuesday, December14, 2010

Memorial of Sayagyi U Thaw Tint (58,YU) By Saya Latt (pdf)

Dear All,

Please see attached poem (pdf) to the memorial of late Sayagyi U Thaw Tint, one
of Myanmar pioneer in Pondaung primates. He obtained B.Sc.(Hons.) in 1958 of
Yangon Univ., M.S. (Utah) in 1963 and passed away by 24/11/01 in US.

Thein (Director of AGD), late U Than Nyunt (Deputy minister of energy), Sayagyi
Dr. U Thein (Prof. of MU & YU) and Mr.Pathay (former lecturer and now lives in
India).
I do appreciate the courtesy of Saya Dr.Khin Mg Latt for poem and Saya Dr.WIn
Naing for source of reproduced photo in poem taken by 1986.

Best Regds,
N.M.T

P.S. This poem was previously shown in Shwe Myanmar (Singapore) magazine.

Posted by "mawgsc@yahoo.com"  on Tuesday, November25, 2010

DONATE for_teacher

Could you please help me in getting some article about the geology and geomorphology of Chindwin river.

Posted by "john_isro@yahoo.com"  on Friday, November5, 2010

Geology Of Burma

Who should read geology of Burma, how many people can buy
this book?..may i get soft copy of Geology of Burma. May i believe our
one major society of Myanmar Geologist Society.(MMGS)

Posted by "nyinyiaung1@gmail.com"  on Wednesday, October 19, 2010

Dr.Marlar Myo Myint

So nice to see this website. It brings my memories of Geoloogy Dept. I hope I can bring some of the pictures from Geology and post. I donot know this website and I was writing some article with one of my friends website. Next time I will share of my experiences from this web.

Posted by "mmyomyint@yahoo.com"  on Friday, October 1, 2010

In Memory of U Thane Hlyne and Dr. Win Htein

U Thane Hlyne
I would like to express many thanks to U Thane Hlyne for producing the photos of the graduating class of 1978 . U Thane Hlyne and U Zaw Thet dedicated a lot of time taking pictures of each of the 300 students and compiling into one big photo. Their one square foot project is invaluable to all of us now as a record of our university years. He made a picture of the teachers of the Geology Department too. He said that he got this idea from his dorm in England.

In April, 1978, we took the final year field trip to Mye Taung and Lune Kyaw, east of Kyate Se, supervised by U Thane Hlyne and U Khine Shin. On the way back to Yangon, He got off at Taungoo station to see his wife who was a nurse at Taungoo hospital at that time.

When I was a student, Daw Nander Oo ( Ma Ann from AGD) recalled his scholar life in England. His close friends knew him by Mr. Guinness, named after his favorite drink.

I was so sorry when I read of his tragic accident in the newspaper. I could not pay my respect since I was in Mogok.

Dr. Win Htein
Dr. Win Htein, from AGD was a substitute teacher for Dr. Yin Yin Nwe for a few weeks in 1977. He gave lectures on optical mineralogy in my third year in Hlyne Campus.

We had a DAG field trip to Bawdwin with Saya Htein and other teachers in the summer of 1980. He treated us more like a friend than a student.

In the early 1980’s, he translated English novels to Burmese and published them. His pen name was “Padamya Win Htein”.
I remember one evening in Kandaw Gyi Hotel in the early 1980’s. While we had beer and enjoyed the Kandawgyi lake view, he told me about a novel he had completely translated but never published as a book. He was not only a very good teacher but also a very good raconteur. We’d lost track of time when he finished the story. After the ending the story, we realized that I was not the only audience, a couple of waiters were standing behind us and listening to him. If I’m not mistaken, I believe the name of the novel is “The November Man”.

I was very sad when I got a short message from U Aung Myint Thein (Canada) : “Our beloved D Htein passed away yesterday”.

Rest in Peace U Thane Hlyne, Saya Htein and Daw Nander Oo(Ma Ann).
Please see the attached photo worked by U Thane Hlyne.

Thank you very much.
Myo Myint

Posted by "d120y@aol.com"  on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

sawhlathan

very good idea. I am 93 batch. we made our first gathering on April 2010. Please contact our friends for next year.

sawhlathan

Posted by "sawhlathan@gmail.com"  on Friday, August 13, 2010

Geophysical Advisor, TEP USA, Myint Thu

Thank you for creating this valuable web site, especially for the 1981 batch student like me. I am glad to read the news, stories, comments and look at the photos. I even found myself in two photos. Although I had good friendship with many friends at that time, I hung out most often with Wai Lwin (now in USA), Than Htut (Lada), Nay Win (Saya Paing), Moe Nyunt, Hla Thu, Aung Khaing Swe (now in Singapore) and Myo Nyunt (Mutu) (you may or may not recognize me in the group photos with them in the last page). My field teachers were U Myitta, U Min Swe and U Moe Kyaw for third year and U Khin Maung Latt and U saw Pe for fourth year.
When I worked for MOGE between 1984 and 1994, I was always away from Yangon that I started losing contacts with many of my friends from the school. Since 1996, I have been working abroad and it becomes more difficult for me to meet with friends. However, I always tried to meet friends whenever I visited home. Last time I visited Myanmar was in December 2008. I visited Geology Department and met with Win Naing, Dr (professor) whom I happened to meet in France in 1998. I also met dozens of friends at Soe Nyi Nyi’s place and we were able to discuss about paying homage to our teachers. But I could not attend the ceremony as I had to be back here.

Thanks again for your kind creation of this web site.

Myint Thu (Bio section)

Posted by "mthu.geosc@gmail.com"  on Friday, August 13, 2010

Tun Aung Kyaw

hi.. good intresting our classmates geology batch( 1983 ) and I always remember my old university mandalay studying class rooms and we always hope to pray our teachers.
Tun Aung Kyaw

Posted by "mmtunaungkyaw@gmail.com"  on Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dr Win Naing

Sayar U Thane Hlyne
Dear Ko Soe Myint,
First of all, thank you so much for creating such a lovely web site allowing geologists to meet, share experiences and provide updates.
I have to admit that I didn’t visit your website recently until today.
To my surprise “comments by Dr Yin Yin Nwe and Ko Myint Hlaing (NY)” were posted in end of September and early October 2009, respectively, with my name mentioned in comments/stories.
Well, I would like to take this opportunity to add a few to their comments.
Sayar U Thane Hlyne (Dr Yin Yin Nwe spelt it correctly) was a very talented, energetic, self-sacrificing person and a devoted geologist/teacher.
He also did great contribution in field training, particularly surveying and geological mapping. His approach was a bit tough though but in those days physical and mental endurance played a pivotal role in becoming a good geologist. Dr Yin Yin Nwe was one such geologist, right?

He was a great photographer. We had a “dark room” in the department for developing negative films and printing. He was helping research geologists in making “slides” from negative films for presentation at the Annual Research Conference. Personally, I owed him in this subject. When I had to prepare slides of photomicrographs for a research paper presented in 1967 he worked with me in the dark room till 4:00 a.m. He would never spoon-feed you but you have to learn by watching him.

He was also a manager/coach of geology soccer team. And, the dinner would be on him whether the team won or lost, at “U Chit Tea House” near Ramanya Hall (University Teaching Staff Residence). He stayed at an apartment in Ramanya Hall with his family (Daw Tin Pu, wife/retired matron, Cho Bu/Myint Hlaing and Cho Too). Ma Ma Pu is now in Singapore with younger sons and a granddaughter.

He was the first one who brought a text book for “Plate Tectonics” when he came back from London University to collect data and materials for his PhD thesis. Dr Mg Thin used it for Physical Geology course to introduce “Plate Tectonics” to students. In those days, continental drift was still a controversial topic at our Geology Department (Yangon).

Of course, while sayar U Thane Hlyne was at Imperial College, London, Daw Yin Yin Nwe was at Cambridge University and I was at UNB, Canada. We were all doing Ph D. Those were the days.

It was a tragedy in 1987. We lost a true geologist. We pray for all late teachers of GEOLGOY annually on 9 August 2009 at the Burmese Buddhist Temple in Singapore.

“We were born innocent. Experiences, environment and society shape our perception of what is right and wrong”.

With Metta
Win Naing (1967 Geology)
Consultant Engineering Geologist
GEOTECMINEX Consultants
41A Bedok Ria Crescent #03-51 Stratford Court Singapore 489929
wnaing.dr@gmail.com

Posted by "wnaing.dr@gmail.com"  on Friday, Oct 30, 2009

Dr. Yin Yin Nwe,  UNICEF Representative to China

I would like to tell everyone about one of our sayas, Saya U Thane Hlyne. As you can see from the previous message, he was Ko Myint Hlaing's father.

Saya U Thane Hlyne was my teacher and taught us structure and survey, and on my second year field trip to Aung Ban, he taught us how to map the terrain (among all those pine trees and limestone outcrops) with survey instruments. I was one of Saya U Thane Hlyne's favourite students. He used to call me "Shan Ma." We used to go and eat at his house when he was living in Yamanya Hall (yes, back then Yamanya Hall was a residential place - Ko Myint Hlaing's mother, Ma Ma Nge will know me.)

On our general traverses, when we had to walk more than 20 miles a day uphill and downhill, Saya used to test me by asking me to carry big rock samples, sometimes even bigger than what he gave the boys. He would often throw me those rock samples, saying "Yaw, Shan Ma, Hpan!" (here, catch!).
I often tell my own students that Saya U Thane Hlyne gave me such good training that it's made me really tough!

When he died in 1987, falling off the Mandalay night train, I was in Kin-Tar Hse area, on an field trip with my M.Sc. students Khin Sanda, Ko Htin Kyaw, Cho Cho Oo and friends. Later, when I went to see Saya U Thane Hlyne's wife, she told me that Saya had talked a lot about all of us geology students, including me, just before he took that fatal train to Mandalay.

I am the same batch with U Khaing Shin and one class younger than U Win Naing. I was in Cambridge University doing my Ph.D. when Saya U Thane Hlyne was studying in London University, Imperial College.

Posted by "ynwe@unicef.org"  on  Tue, Oct 6, 2009

Myint Hlaing, New York [Donate For Teacher]

General
I’m not a Geologist but I know a lot of Geologists because my dad U Thane Hlyne was Geologist and he passed away in1987. I found U Par Toe (U Min Swe), U Myitta, U Ko Thin (Dr Maung Thin), U Win Naing, U Khine Shin, U Zaw Thet and others people’s phone numbers and address in your website. That’s really helpful for me. I left Burma in 1997. I never met most of them since 1987 when my dad’s funeral service was held.
Now, I’m in NY with my family and thanks again for your contribution.

Posted by "myinthlaing@gmail.com"  on Wed, Sep 30, 2009

Philip

General
U Thein Win is my father. I am interested to read your website. Can you please tell me what burmese font you been use and pls advice me how to install to read that please. That would be great if you contact me ASAP

Posted by "philipwinaus@yahoo.com"  on Wed, Sep 15, 2009

MinThantZaw (U Aung Shwe+Daw Mya Han,Zay Quat Thit Yard,Paleik)

I graduated 1996 june university of mandalay. I want to know geology news and process.
TEL: 066-42291

Posted by "minthant.zw@gmail.com"  on Wed, August 12, 2009

Dr. Yin Yin Nwe, UNICEF Representative to China

Thank you, thank you, for the beautiful song!
I hadn't visited this site in a long while and what a pleasure to visit this time and find one of my favourite songs on the site -- Mya Kyun Nyo Nyo Tekatho. What beautiful and poignant memories it brought back! Let us hope that we will one day meet again, on the beautiful University Campus, under the fragrant gangaw trees in early summer, and under the red sein-ban trees in the monsoon rains.....drinking tea under the bandar trees.

with metta to all my students, friends and sayas.....
YYN

Posted by "ynwe@unicef.org"  on Sunday, August 2, 2009

Myo Aung

I want to say thank you to all the creator of this website and advisory of all who take parts in this Geology community for time and hard work involved with feeder system.I hope going forward this continues to be a trend and this is only the beginning of many exciting community to come.

Posted by
"myo.aung97@gmail.com"  on Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hi Ko Myint Soe

A nice and memorable web site for all of us, particularly for 81 batch, I suppose.

Much appreciated for your effort.

With Best Wishes
Maw Maw Oo

Posted by "mawmawoo@yahoo.com"  on Tueday, May 26, 2009

U Kyaw Naing

This website really is a nice one for all of us to exchange our feeling, contact info and memory. I am from '87 batch.

I hardly have a chance to get back to meet friends since I left Singapore in 1999. Luckily, I have had a chance to meet with many friends out there in Singapore. We have had a nice gathering down there in Pennisular Plaza. I guess, many of our friends are doing good in Singapore.

Hope we will meet again. Please email to me at: "naingkyaw@hotmail.com".

Cheers!
Kyaw Naing

Posted by "naingkyaw@hotmail.com"  on Monday, February 16, 2009

U Aung Khaing Swe

Ko Soe Myint,
Very much appreciated for your effort.
I am one student from 1981 batch too and now in Singapore.
The first photo of third row ( 4 guys with blue shirts) were taken on Hakha Ship to Mergui(myeik) in 1981 when we first worked as field geologists around Mergui Archipelagoes under DGSE. They are Than Tut, Aung San Win, Pe Myint Oo and myself. I have one old group photo (taken in 1980 in Southern Shan state forest) and will send to you later. Thanks a lot.

Posted by "aakswe02@singnet.com.sg"  on Monday, February 2, 2009

Chairman,Dagon Seikken Industries City's Management Committee

Very happy to visited your site.Also wonderful and really appreciate much.I will inform all geologist friends ,I have a lot of contacts somany batch from 1969 to 2000.ASAP ,we will contact each other more friendship and more activities for our Geologist Enviroment social and others.Last Engg Geology Seminar ,all cost sponsar by Ko Soe Nyi Nyi(feel),Ko Zaw Win Oo,Ko Aung Ko Ko Soe(Japan) and U Aye Lwin(1977).Like this activity we try to support for MGS.

Posted by "Aye Lwin (1973-1977)"  on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Min Min

ေက်းဇူးတင္ပါတယ္ကုိစုိးျမင့္
ခင္ဗ်ားဆုိဒ္မွာ ဘူမိေဗဒ နဲ႔ပတ္သက္တဲ့ ေဆာင္းပါးတုိ႔ စာတမ္းေတြ ဖတ္ရရင္ ေကာင္းမယ္ဗ်ဳိ႔။

Posted by "အေ၀းေရာက္ဘူမိေဗဒ ေရာင္းရင္းတဦး"  on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Min Min

မဂၤလာပါ ကုိစုိးျမင့္
ရန္ကုန္ ဘူမိေဗဒ ဆုိဒ္ တခုေတြ႔လုိ႔ ဖတ္ၾကည့္ရင္း သိရတာပါ။ စုိင္းလွ၀င္းက က်ေနာ္တုိ႔ မႏၱေလး ၇၉ ဘက္ခ်္ က ထင္တယ္။ ေနာက္မွ ရန္ကုန္ေျပာင္းသြားတာလား။ ဒါမွမဟုတ္ ရန္ကုန္က က်ေနာ္တုိ႔ဆီ ေျပာင္းသလား မမွတ္မိေတာ့ဘူး ဗ်ဳိ႔ ၊ က်ေနာ့္ သူငယ္ခ်င္းပဲဗ်ဳိ႕ သူ႔ပုံေတြ႕ ရလုိ႔ အမွတ္တရ ရွိလုိ႔ ေရးလုိက္္တာပါ။ မေတြ႕ ရတာ အႏွစ္ ၃၀ ဆုိပါေတာ့ဗ်ာ။
(geologist-myanmar.com)ဒီ၀က္ဆုိဒ္ဖတ္မိၿပီးေက်ာင္းကသူငယ္ခ်င္းေတဘူမိေဗဒညီအစ္ကုိေတာ္ေတြဆရာဆရာမေတြ အားလုံးသတိရတယ္ဗ်ာ။ ႐ႊင္လန္းခ်မ္းေျမ႕ပါေစ။

Posted by "အေ၀းေရာက္ဘူမိေဗဒ ေရာင္းရင္းတဦး"  on Monday, January 5, 2009

Aung Thin

First of all I want to say thank you for creating this site.I was graduate in 1978 and DAG 1980. I am very glad to see the recent photos of all my great Saya and Sayama from our Geology departmant. Reading all the Geol's stories bring back all the memories I had. I used to work with Maung Maung Kyaw at TSC, last time I heard about him is,he is still working in Mogoke.
Glad to see Saya Tar ,who has a great sense of humour and always stand for his student.

Posted by "Aung Thin"  on Monday, December 8, 2008

THI HAN (1980)

Nice site...wonderful....I miss all of my friends..Please try and post photoes if you have..
I always respect all of My Teachers .

pyin nyaung- kyae dat son )field ( my 3 rd yr ) (Leader U MIN SWE)
yin mar bin -le-byin) field ( my 3rd yr too..He He ) Leader (U PE MAUMG THAN)
(Pwe hla ) field (my final year field) Leader U tin Mg Nyunt

Posted by "THI HAN (1980)"  on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Engineer/Professional Geologist

အခုလို ဘူမိ ေက်ာင္းသားေဟာင္းမ်ား အတြက္ ဆံုစည္းရာ ေန ရာ နဲ ့ အမွတ္တရ ဓါတ္ပံုမ်ား တင္ရာ ေနရာ တစ္ခုလုပ္ထား တာ အလြန္ေကာင္းတဲ ့အစီအစဥ္ပါဘဲ။ တတိယနွစ္မွာ ဘုရား ငါးဆူ- လယ္ျပင္၊ စတုတၳနွစ္မွာ ပင္းဒယ မွာ ကြင္း ဆင္းခဲ ့ပါ တယ္။ ၂ နွစ္တိတိ တစ္ခန္းထဲ မွာ စာ သင္ခဲ ့ရ ေပမဲ ့ ကြင္းအတူ မဆင္း ခဲ ့ရ လို ့ဤ ေနရာပိုင္ ရွင္ အား မ မွတ္မိ နိုင္တာ ကို စိတ္မေကာင္း ပါ။
၀င္း နိုင္ကေတာ ့ရန္ကုန္ျပန္တိုင္းေတြ ့ရ တဲ ့အတြက္ မေမ့ နိုငိ ေပမဲ ့တင္ ထားတဲ ့ပံုေတြထဲ က ေမာင္စ်ာန္၊ ေအးေအာင္၊ ရိွန္ သန္း၊ သက္ ထြန္း၊ ကိုၿကီးဥာဏ္ တို ့ေလာက္သာ ငယ္ရုပ္ ဖမ္း ျပီး မွတ္ မိ ေတာ ့တယ္။ ကြင္းဆင္းခဲ ့တုန္းကပံု ေလးမ်ား ရွာ ေတြ ့ရင္ ပုိ ့လိုက္ပါ ့မယ္။

Posted by "Andrew Thane Sway, PhD, EI, PG" on  Saturday, November 29, 2008

Exploration geologist

I am very much appreciated for geologist's stories especially for one of the stories of Major Ba Htoo.After I read this story I felt something in my mind.Thank you.

Posted by "Ko Dane" on Friday, November 28, 2008

Professor(Retired).Geol. Dept.Dagon University

Last year when I was committee member of MGS, I try to WEB MGS, on internet but not sucessful. Now I am glad to see This MGS on internet. Geolfriends also use the LOGO of Yangon Geology, I please to see the logo. I can also look one of My teacher Dr. Myint Lwin Thein photo. But some one can show our teacher P.B. Day ( Who find the Hninsee fault, now call Sagaing fault). Please help me

Posted by "U Soe Thein" on Sunday, November 9, 2008

JOURNALIST, writer

I like very much this site. I am 1985-2002 student. PL join to me, so i will very happy.

Posted by "Maung Nwe Aung" on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Computer Geologist, Ivanhoe Mines

That is wounderful, I never thought that one of our friends can collect our past fields photos. This is rememberance of our history. Thank you very much , that you have done for us, evern I have the idea but I can't do. I appreciate and I will find and collect some photos for you and I will tell every geologist close to me. I want to say you thank you very much Ko Soe Myint (Kawkayeik)

Posted by "Myat Zaw (Balagyi) (81 batch Bio)" on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Geologist/ Salamaner Energy Co. Ltd.,

I especially like very much looking at those old field trip pictures. Very nice collection, and feel like to be in the field trip again.

Posted by "Myo Min Swe (Geology; Sept 1995)" on Friday, October 17, 2008

Geologist/ Salamaner Energy Co. Ltd.,

I just found out this website with surprise since I have never heard about, and didn't imagine to have one too. Fortunately, I found it useful, and hence I have even forwarded to my Burmese Geologist friends working here in Singapore. I am sure every Burmese Geologist would love it!

When I see this website I really feel like I am visiting our Geology Department and remember all those days. Anyway, I am greatly appreciate of such a wonderful idea. Well done!!!

Posted by "Myo Min Swe (Geology; Sept 1995)" on Friday, October 17, 2008

UNICEF Representative to China

This is the first time I actually visited your site. It is wonderful that we have a place to meet and discuss in cyberspace. I don't know how many batches of ex-geology students read this site and I warmly invite every geologist who knew our university to visit and post their notes and photos. As for myself, I will be coming home this year in late December and hope to meet again with many of you.
This year, when Sai Htee Hseng died, I remembered his songs that many of you sang on our field trips and I was very sad. Now that I am far away from most of you, let me say that my feelings for our old university days are like those in his song "Thabarwa ye yin thwe nge dwe."
With metta, Sayama (Camp Beijing, China)

Posted by "Dr. Yin Yin Nwe" on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Name -

Title  -

Email -

Comments -

Enter the code as it is shown (required):*

မွတ္ခ်က္ - www.geologist-myanmar.com ကို အျပဳသေဘာေဆာင္ေသာ ေ၀ဖန္မႈ႕မ်ားရွိပါက comment တြင္ေရး သားနိုင္ပါတယ္။ ရိုင္းစိုင္း ေသာစကားလံုးမ်ား၊ သူတပါးကိုထိခိုက္ေစ ေသာ စကားလံုးမ်ား၊ ႏိုင္ငံေရးႏွင့္ ပတ္သက္ေသာ စကားလံုးမ်ား ေတြ႕ရွိပါက တင္ခြင့္ျပဳ မည္မဟုတ္ပါ။

စိတ္၀င္စားေသာေနရာမ်ား